Learn About Paid Traffic
Paid Traffic – The Rise Of Online Advertising
Paid Traffic is a form of online advertising and is fast becoming the first option for companies looking to spend their ad budget.
Who Is Spending?
- Retail 20%
- Finance 13%
- Telecom 11%
- Travel 9%
- Computing 8%
Online advertising is used by most industries. This chart shows the six industries that spend the most money on online advertising.
TYPE OF ADS
- Performance Based 66%
- Cost Per Impression 32%
- Hybrid 2%
Performance based ads (such as Pay Per Click) are still the overwhelming favorite of ad buyers.
- Search Based Ads 46%
- Display Ads 33%
- Other 12%
- Mobile Ads 9%
Online search based ads are still the most popular form of online advertising. On the other hand, mobile ads are growing at the fastest rate.
ONLINE VS TRADITIONAL MEDIA – In Billions Of Dollars Spent (2005)
- Broadcast TV 39.6
- Online 36.6
- Print 34
- Radio 15
The combined ad revenue of TV (cable & broadcast) still rules media, but online advertising continues to grow.
- Mobile ad revenue showed the highest growth of any format (111% in 2012)
- Mobile ad revenue growth should remain steady since some features are still relatively untapped (i.e. location based targeting).
- The top ten online ad companies control 72% of ad revenue. Google is the leader. This trend has been relatively static for a couple of years.
- Two forms of media have positive compound annual growth rates (CAGR) between 2005 through 2011: Cable Television at 4.6% and Internet at 16.5%.
- In every year since 2005, the annual growth rates of Internet advertising have exceeded those of other advertising media.
- Internet advertising has experienced double-digit annual growth in every year except 2009; no other media has experienced double-digit growth in any year.